That’s right, boys and girls. Ever had dreams of designing your very own, custom-made BJJ gi? Well, now you do with the The DESIGN YOUR OWN CRAZY-ASS BJJ GI CHALLENGE! Presented by Meerkatsu and the Part Time Grappler, and sponsored by Tatami Fightwear.
Alright, what’s the deal? Well, you get to design your own BJJ gi and have the chance for it to be alive!
It’s here! The world’s craziest design your own BJJ gi contest. And we want YOU to join in the fun.
Simply, click on the template below, save it and scribble your digital effort and send it to Meerkatsu by email. Don’t have Photoshop? – then use MS Paint, paint.net, GIMP or any one of a number of freebie painting programs.
Our panel of judges will decide the best 20 drawings and then we’ll let the public decide who is the eventual winner.
One winner will get their winning gi custom crafted by top gi maker Tatami Fightwear. It’ll take about 8 weeks to turnaround, but they’re pretty confident their factory can do it.
One winner will get Tatami Fightwear’s newest – yet to be launched – top of the range competition gi – in any colour, any size, sent to your door, anywhere in the world!
Plus, lots of runner up prizes (t-shirts, rash guards, shorts..whatever Tatami think you’ll want really)
Can’t draw? Who cares! Scribble down your ideas anyway. Ideas are worth more than quality of artistry… although it sure helps make it look better
Heck you don’t even need to use the template. If you’d rather use your own version, then fine, please go ahead. (Using the image below, right click, Save As.. then start designing using your favourite photo editing tool!)
1. Please don’t infringe someone else’s copyright or trademark or whatever. I’m sure Time Warner, McDonalds or Ford Motor Corp would take dim view of use plastering their trademarks over a real life BJJ uniform.
2. Please keep it clean. No pornographic, homophobic, sexist, racist or other offensive wording or imagery will be accepted.
3. Try to make it personal and original – remember you might win and have to wear the winning gi!!
4. Closing date for this competition will be end of September… but the organisers reserve the right to extend it if necessary.
5. All entries can be seen by joining the Facebook group here.
And here’s one version Meerkatsu did earlier to give an example:
What are you waiting for? Start designing, and good luck!